28 May 2016

Grateful Saturday!

Some days gratefulness is not easy to come by, especially when you're looking at your neighbors green grass. Oh it is difficult to not compare, especially for me. One bad thing that I learned in my childhood was to compare myself - to everyone and anyone. Lately I've been doing it a lot more so I think this week's gratefulness post should be about things I'm grateful I can do - without comparisons.


  • I am surprisingly not a bad artist. I am creative.
  • I am quite good at all sorts of puzzles, which I think helped me a lot these past few years at work.
  • Despite having been twice bitten, I am not shy of looking for the good in others. I should be shy of trusting but what can I say I like to talk to people and find their good. Unfortunately I have met unsavory characters that have more bad than good, selfish mostly who will take a lot if you let them.
  • I am adventurous, perhaps not formula one racing adventurous but I love to try new things.
  • I am an excellent cook even if my nephew does not appreciate my palate :)
  • As a friend if you need me I will be there or at least will try my best to be there for you.
  • I am now an excellent gardner, well I think so :)
  • I think a decent writer as well, not that I've written much lately but I hope to have more time soon.
  • I am a good daughter, a great sister, and a loving friend.
  • Teaching is something I also do well and I enjoyed for the time I taught.
Not sure what else I'm good at but I also don't want to toot my own horn too much, besides I have bigger fish to fry now. Yesterday was the last day of actual work in the lab and although I left with some mixed emotions I left with a light heart and light of step. I was a bit emotional but at the same time I felt so free. I am a little worried about finding work but I'm looking forward to not going back to the laboratory. It was a difficult transition, especially because I felt like I was put down again and quite honestly forced to leave in a way. Part of it was how I handled things because I set impossible expectations at first and then attempted to change them because I was burned out and unhappy. I guess change does not come easy to anyone, employee or employer. Now all that is left is for me to return on Tuesday and close out my position. I feel very hopeful and relaxed.

Today was great, spent it with family and just chilled. I didn't worry about experiments or lab meetings or analyzing data, I simply enjoyed my family. Keep me in your thoughts and send good vibes my way because now I need to find a job! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment