I think that a lot of my lacklustre thoughts about this year have to do a lot with things that I stopped doing.
- I stopped writing in my journal.
- I write poetry sometimes, I stopped. It was a great outlet, if dramatic.
- I focused on the defects or imperfections and instead of appreciating them, I vilified them.
- I stopped writing blog posts, though more difficult to find ideas for posts recently I think it is because I do not have a direction for this blog. I need direction (understatement of the century).
- I stopped sharing with my loved ones when I was feeling down, stiff upper lip and all that. I'm not British, I need to express myself.
- I was extremely Me-centric. When we only have ourselves to focus on it really brings out your flaws. I envy parents, the focus they have on their children, it may be stressful at times but at least it takes the spotlight off of the I.
Perhaps this coming year needs to be less me-centric but something else. I still haven't figured the what else but I have time, I think. Let's see what I come up with this year.