20 November 2014

Gingerbread Dreams and Candy Cane Wishes

SO MUCH SNOW!!!!
The things we go through daily are either magnificent or a grind, depending on one's mood. Lately it's felt like a grind because it is COLD! OK it's not Minnesota cold or Canada cold but it's Texas cold and Texans do not like the cold. Ever. We had "snow" on Sunday and we were so cold! Saturday was warm but Sunday was freezing. Monday was still pretty cold and we even had a late start to the day. Yes we are that dramatic. Besides we have such good weather that no one ever has snow tires or even all season tires. I mean I do but that doesn't mean everyone else does. I also live in a college town, so that means a lot of students who just learned how to wipe their ass, behind the wheel of vehicles too big for them to handle.  That is my biggest and only complaint of the week. I'm sure I could find plenty to complain about but what for?

Especially as Thanksgiving is fast approaching! How can I complain when I once more have the opportunity to taunt the diabetes? I will eat turkey. Eat pumpkin pie. Eat all that I feel is worthy of enticing the diabetes but then I will say, "HA! Diabetes! I have beat you again! We will meet again in a year but you will taste defeat once more!" That may be verbatim what I think internally when I stuff myself on Thursday. What can I say? I like taunting the diabetes.

Lets hope we don't end up doing this.
We also decided that we will be making a gingerbread house with my nephew! I am pretty excited about this, especially because he was the one that suggested the idea. Well sort of. We made gingerbread cookies last year and he kept on complaining that we were missing the eyes and mouth. My sister and I thought it would be a fun activity to do that weekend with him. I might even stop by World Market and pick up some ninja cookie cutters, I think he would love that. This may be a success of epic proportions or an epic failure, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment