03 November 2014

Some Change Please

It is Monday, it made it's presence known early on today. Recently Monday's had been ignoring me, I guess they remembered I was here. I ran out of gas this morning. I have a sort of new car, new to me but it's got maybe 7 years on the motor. It was a hand-me-down from my sis but it's in great condition - other than the fuel gauge that only shows 3/4 full at a time. The tank may be full but that's how it reads so I always know that I have a least 1/4 tank left. Today I over-estimated how far I could go on that 1/4 tank. Good thing I was already at work in my allotted parking lot, but I still had to find someone to push me into a spot. My adventures. I'm laughing a little now but I can tell you I was pretty embarrassed this morning. I hadn't had that happen to me since I was 20 years old! I'm pretty sure the guys who helped me thought, just some woman who doesn't know her car. I hate when people say that about women but I feel I deserved it today. I really should have known better. Oh well, lesson learned and next time I won't put off what I could have done
yesterday! Good thing I wasn't wearing heels :)

In other news, elections are tomorrow! Remember to vote if you haven't voted yet! I am so excited! I voted early but they didn't give me a sticker, a little disappointed. 

2 comments:

  1. I got my Vote sticker today!! Yea!!

    I had a car with an inaccurate fuel gauge. I just reset the trip meter every fillup.

    I have never run out of gas. I prolly shouldn't have said that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! You are part of the 1/3 of the country that voted! Sad huh?

      My sister has never run out of gas either, but she's always on top of that. :D It's a me thing.

      Delete