24 June 2016

Grateful Friday

Well hello there everyone, as news goes there's not much to share, I am still working on my yard -front and back - and still looking for work. Life has moved on and I am definitely in a better place emotionally. I am still visiting my therapist and it's been helpful because I had a few bumps when I left the lab. Lets just say that letting go of the negative has never been my strong suit and she's really helped me. I know I haven't done a Grateful Friday in a while but honestly it's not for lack of gratefulness, more like I have just been busy and happy. There have been some freak out days and sad days but for the most part I've been positive.

Yesterday was a sad day because I of course lamented my situation and everything that has been going on. I was not very positive and all I could do was think what am I going to do? I am going to starve, lose my house, and end up a vagabond. Then I reminded myself, a) you are to OCD to be a vagabond, b) you have money to survive for 3 months comfortably, c) your family would help if need be, finally d) you will find a job and you will succeed. Of course that didn't come until the end of the day but I made it through and I guess once in a while taking a mental health day is needed, even if you aren't working at the tim. Yeah I've never been good at the positive stuff, my mind has always been a worst scenario kind of person and that's a habit that isn't easy to give up.

Gratefully this Friday here is my list:

Wildflower garden.
  • I am grateful for enough strength to be able to do the work I have been doing for my home and family.
  • The days are longer and sweeter of late, I am definitely a helionist.
  • Very grateful for the little one that will arrive next week! Not me, my sister I would have shared a sonogram if it were me.
  • I am very grateful that I am out of the toxic environment I was in previously.
  • I am hopeful for the future, although this is not "gratefulness" per se, it is something to be happy for because hopeful was not a word I would have used to describe myself 2 months ago.
  • I am grateful for the friends that have stood by me and their support.
  • For the people that I know that are helpful and kind towards me.
  • Even for those that have not been kind to me or helpful because through it all they taught me valuable lessons.
  • Extremely grateful that this month has been so kind because I needed it.
Well what else is there to say? Nothing much more for this week but only that I hope that all are well and that everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment