01 April 2016

Grateful Friday

Almost. This week had been a good week, in comparison to past weeks you could classify it as really good but that is relative. Almost made it there too. It was a good morning and then I was asked something that threw a pall over the day and this week's accomplishments. I know that I shouldn't let one little comment make a difference but the implications to my work are rather detrimental. I hope that this is my imagination but I know my brain - it likes to obsess. Let's distract that little organ and focus on the positive.

  • I have prioritized my time well this week.
  • I finished the design for the back yard for this summer. I really needed to sit down and decide where I was going to place seeds and different veggies.
  • I am also happy I didn't do the seed planting last weekend because we had freezing weather last night and probably tonight again. Yay procrastination!
  • My bedroom is still relatively clean. Lately it had been a disaster and having cleaned it up a bit has really helped improve my mornings too.
  • I got to see 2 friends that I hadn't seen in a long time and that was great. I have good friends.
  • I have been at work rather early this week and that is a plus because sometimes getting out of bed is the biggest battle of the week or day. 
  • We had a late night project at work this week that went rather well, at least in my opinion. 
  • I had good news on Monday, I'm hoping to do a post about this next week.
  • I had good talks with some friends and they gave me hope for the future.
  • My family is happy and healthy. 
The last item is the most important thing in this whole list. My father had surgery last year before Christmas and he is doing well. My mother is also in good health. My sister and her family are in good health. My youngest sister is finally in good health, she apparently has a thyroid issue but it has been diagnosed and properly treated now. Life is not an easy road and it has kicked my butt on more than one occasion but for the most part I have found happiness and I will again. Today is not forever and it is not the whole past. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will work at having a good one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment