27 May 2015

Brown Thumb to Yellow-Lime Thumb

Alright I am not going to jinx myself by saying that I have a green thumb just yet but I am well on my way to a green thumb!  Check out the back yard!


Yes if you compare to other pics the grass has really filled in the back yard. There are still a few bare spots but we are gaining ground. All of my flowers are doing quite nicely as well :) You have no idea how happy I am this year with my garden. Mind you none of this would have been possible without all of the rain we've had this year.


You can see in this picture how much bigger all of my plants are and where the grass has really filled in the yard. Still have all of the stumps but hey I feel that what has been achieved compensates for the stumps. The front yard still has a lot of work that it needs and most of the plants are seedlings at the moment but as you can see there are a lot of blooms as well. The one with the pink flowers has survived many years of my neglect and now that it has full sun it is incredibly lush and beautiful. In the distance there you can see a row of plants growing at the edge of the neighbors grass - those are sunflowers! Yup a medley of stuff in the front yard but next year it will take on a more organized look. This year I wanted to clean it up and make sure that I made the major changes. I feel it has been achieved. 

Not fully green but approaching a yellow-lime color :)

2 comments:

  1. Well done! You are getting there for sure - keep it up. Maybe you should turn the stumps into "fairy" houses? That's what my MIL is doing - they are all over Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fairy houses? That seems like a lot of work and a lot of cursing on my end :D How does she keep all those little pieces from flying away? I imagine it might look a little like the tornado from The Wizard of Oz on the windy South Plains; maybe I need some green witches?

      Delete