14 October 2013

Poster Perfect

Famous B coming to you live from LBB!

Yes I am famous now!  I was famous for about 15 seconds - at most - this past week!    The taping of the Juanes concert I attended at ACL Moody Theater was aired!  A seriously edited video but it was fun watching extremely closely to see if I was in the crowd :)  I mean extremely closely because it was seconds and then I was gone!
An old poster of mine :)

Sorry I've been absent but it has been so busy.  On the weekends I haven't done much of anything either, I blame it on the weather.  September was still really warm, not 38C/100F but still high, definitely in need of AC.  October has been kinder, we actually had rain on Sunday - lots of rain.  However, work has just been super busy.  We had a mini-conference at work and I had to present a poster, which of course was nerveracking.  Once you get going it's OK but the first person to come up to the poster always makes my stomach churn.  The poster presented will also be presented at the Biophysical Society Annual Conference in February and I'm pretty excited/nervous about that.  It's in San Francisco this year so lots to look forward to in the coming year.  Otherwise, work is good.  I am happy to report that I have achieved the crystallization of a few mutants and have managed to express a difficult construct (mutated protein).  

 In what spare time I have had I have also experimented with Pinterest projects :)  Some fails, some wins but fun.  I have knit most of the yarn I had so that's good, now I can finally buy some more!  Woohoo. Exciting.

Well hope everyone has had a good fall so far :)


4 comments:

  1. Don't get a big head from the fame.

    Not your average poster.

    Mutants seldom bode well on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poster is fantastic! Well done...

    Pinterest - ahhh, how it sucks my time and leaves me nothing to show for it.

    ReplyDelete